As far as golf iron clubs are involved, it is not too common to find an iron club with graphite shafts. This is true in spite of graphite being one of the most flexible and lightweight materials. Iron clubs with graphite shafts will let you boost your swing speed and also allow the ball to travel further away. However, one little drawback of using an iron club with a graphite shaft is the disability to get the same feel as other types of iron clubs. It is also true that graphite iron clubs cost higher than other irons. At the same time, golfers, who prefer to use a lightweight iron club, will be better off using an iron with graphite shafts.
Everything You Ever
If you know the basics about golf and have even played a few games with your friends or colleagues, you will have some idea about a golf iron. It is basically a name to one of the several types of clubs used by a golfer. The iron is primarily used to propel the golf ball towards a target hole on the course. Irons relatively have a shorter shaft and smaller club heads as compared to other types of clubs such as the fairway wood and the driver. The main feature which sets an iron apart from the rest of the clubs is the shape of the club head. Irons have a flat angled face with multiple grooves and it is usually used to play various types of shots.
A Bit about the Golf Iron Club
Types of Iron Clubs
In the good old days, iron clubs did not have various types to choose from for your use. However, in these modern times, you will find several types of irons in the market. Once you know about them, it will be simpler for you to choose the right set for your game.
Different Designs of Irons
Compare a few iron golf clubs, and you will come to know that different club heads come in different designs. These have been mentioned below for your knowledge.
Types of Shafts of a Golf Iron Club
When it comes to the shafts of a golf club, you will come across several types. These are also available in various lengths. Some players are comfortable using a club with a longer shaft and some are comfortable using a club with a shorter shaft. A short insight about the various types of iron club shafts are discussed below.
Some Vital Factors to Keep In
Mind While Shopping For a Golf Iron Club
Most of you may often find yourself asking several questions and coming up with numerous doubts when it comes to choosing golf clubs. This is especially true in case of amateurs. Here are some factors to keep in mind while shopping for golf iron clubs. This way, you can keep things simple and also choose the right set of clubs faster.
- Total Number of Clubs to Buy: One of the most commonly asked questions by most of the amateur golfers is about the total number of clubs to buy to make it a set. If you wish to choose the most common set, then it will comprise of a 4 iron all the way to the pitching wedge or the PW. Experienced golfers will opt to buy a set of irons ranging from 3 to 9. They prefer to leave some room to include specialist wedges or SW at some later time. On the other hand, an older golfer or an amateur may sometimes prefer to buy a set ranging from a 5 to SW. they usually like to leave some room for utility clubs and fairway woods. It is important to note that the key to buying a set of golf irons is distance gapping. If you find that there is some noticeable gap between the shots of 2 different irons, then it better to adjust your set accordingly.
- Try It Before You Purchase It: Many amateurs buy a new set of golf clubs without actually trying them at the store. Unless you try a particular set of clubs, you will fail to understand whether you will be able to perform on the golf course or not. You may easily find the right set of irons for your use. However, if you do not try it before purchasing, you will never be in a good position to judge whether you have actually found the perfect set or not.
- Go For Custom Fitted Clubs If Needed: Not every player is of the same height and built. An average set of golf irons are designed for players with a height of around 5 feet 10 inches or 180cm. Since there are several players, who do have the same height, most of the golf club manufacturers provide custom fitting options. This helps a golfer get the type and length of club he is comfortable playing with on a golf course. Custom made clubs involve altering the length of the shaft to suit the height of a golfer. The stiffness of the shaft and the club head design can be altered to help you play properly. Adjusting the stiffness helps the club to match with the swing speed of a player and altering the head design helps to play your desired shots with ease. Usually, it takes somewhere half an hour to an hour to alter a golf iron. Most of the manufacturers also have specially designed custom fitting centers.
- Money to Spend on a Set: Are you sure to make golf as your career or do you just play golf as a means of recreation? If you are going to play golf as your career, then opting for a moderately priced golf iron set will give you great returns. This is especially true if you are a novice or a first timer in playing golf. However, if you usually play golf just with your friends or colleagues, then opting for an affordable set will be a good idea. On the other hand, for professionals, the only option is to buy one of the best set of golf iron clubs in the market.
- New Set or Used One: Most of you may be tempted to try using a pre-used set of golf clubs to play golf. This will be a common urge amongst first timers, who have a tight budget. There is no doubt about the fact that using a pre-used set will help you get acclimatized with golf clubs. However, there is also the possibility that these may not last for a long time. If your primary intention is to understand the technicalities of using golf clubs, then going for a used set will be a good thing to do.